CAPITAL CAMPAIGN $4.7 MILLION
Our Vision: To fully engage our community to end hunger in our region by providing food to 84,000 neighbors in poverty within our 14 county service area.
Over the span of six years, food distribution in our 14 county service area has increased by more than 400%.
Feeding the Valley warehouse in LaGrange, GA located at 118 Gordon Commercial Drive. This facility serves our northern counties of Troup, Harris, Talbot and Meriwether.
It’s time to expand!
Feeding the Valley’s Campaign is about sharing our bounty with people in need through a Regional Distribution Plan that dramatically improves food storage and distribution capacities in our 14 county region. The return on investment from this campaign will be huge in terms of human impact. The five-year growth plan will increase distribution from 7 million pounds of food serving 38,000 to more than 10 million pounds serving 84,000 people annually, at a wholesale savings of more than $20 million for our partner agencies.
In 2013, our Board of Directors made the strategic decision to implement a regional food
distribution plan which included:
• Securing a warehouse to serve our northern counties of Troup, Harris, Meriwether
• Build a new, enlarged central headquarters.
• Establish a small store-front facility to serve our southern counties of Stewart,
Webster, Quitman, Randolph and Clay.
What are the Benefits?
• Better access for our partner agencies
• Increased distribution of food
• Savings on transportation costs, inbound and outbound freight fuel costs
• Growth in our volunteer base
• Expanded our donor base
• Increased shopping space with a larger variety of food and fresh produce
• Improved recycling opportunities
• New sources of revenue that improve organizational sustainability
• Less hungry people
In 2014, Feeding the Valley food bank leased a 24,000 square foot warehouse in LaGrange, Ga. This facility serves Troup, Harris, Meriwether and Talbot counties and in its first year of operation, distributed more than 1 million pounds of food (which translates to 835,000 meals) to partner agencies in these counties. Distribution continues to grow.
VIDEO: OUR CAPITAL CAMPAIGN