Volunteers are a vital part of the work of Feeding the Valley. Volunteering provides an awareness of the needs within your community as well as a different perspective on the issues of providing food for those in need.
Areas of Volunteer Service
Food Distribution and Mobile Pantry Programs
· Sorting donated grocery products before distribution to member agencies
· Packing food boxes for the Mobile Pantry program
· Sorting fresh produce
· Assisting in general clean-up of the warehouse
· Assisting in light clerical duties in the office
Shift Hours: Monday—Thursday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
For additional shift times, contact David Shemwell, Operations Administrator, at 706-561-4755 ext 17 or
Kids Café Program
· Assisting in the Kids Café kitchen
· Serving food at one of the Kids Café sites
· Assisting with program activities at the Kids Café sites
Shift Hours: Contact Ken Corcoran, Kids Café Program Director, at 706-561-4755 ext 10 or email@example.com.
Dress Suggestions for Volunteers
Dress comfortably in closed-toed shoes; please, no sandals or flip-flops. Wear shirts with short or long sleeves, preferably something that you won’t mind getting soiled. No tube or halter tops, please. Bring a sweater or jacket for possible work in the cooler or freezer.