What are the Benefits?
• Better access for our partner agencies
• Increased distribution of food
• Savings on transportation costs, inbound and outbound freight fuel costs
• Growth in our volunteer base
• Expanded our donor base
• Increased shopping space with a larger variety of food and fresh produce
• Improved recycling opportunities
• New sources of revenue that improve organizational sustainability
• Less hungry people
In 2014, Feeding the Valley food bank leased a 24,000 square foot warehouse in LaGrange, Ga., located at 118 Gordon Commercial Drive. This facility is conveniently located near a Walmart Distribution Center.
This facility serves Troup, Harris, Meriwether and Talbot counties and in its first year of operation,
distributed more than 1 million pounds of food (which translates to 835,000 meals) to partner agencies in these counties. Distribution continues to grow.