Our New Home!
On March 31, 2017, we cut the ribbon to our new state-of-the-art central warehouse facility at 6744 Flat Rock Road, Midland, Ga. 31820.
Here are the details:
• Designed by Robert Kidd, CEO of Hecht-Burdeshaw Architects and built by Todd Ammerman of River City Contracting
• 31,000 square feet state-of the art facility with 30’ ceilings and five level racking system which increases storage capacity from 750,000 to 1.5 million pounds of food
• Quadrupled cold and frozen storage for meats, frozen foods, fruits and vegetables
• Seven Loading/ Receiving Docks, two will load directly into the cold and frozen storage area, keeping product at optimum temperatures and improving efficiencies
• 4,000 square feet of office/training space
• Expanded Parking for partner agencies and volunteers
• 3,000 sq. ft. commercial kitchen to facilitate preparation for Kids Café and Senior Meals as well as serve as a teaching classroom for various outreach programs, such as Open Door Community House’s Culinary Program to teach work skills
• Future opportunity to accommodate an additional 10,000 sq. ft. facility expansion